Quinoa Idly upma is a very simple and delicious dish made with leftover quinoa idly. Simple breakfast that can be prepared in no time.
- 6 nos – Quinoa idly (crumble into pieces)
- 1 no – Onion (chopped finely)
- 1/2 tsp – Ginger
- 1 tsp – Idly podi / idly powder (as per your spice level)
- 1 tbsp – Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Salt as per taste
- 1 tbsp – Oil
- 1/4 tsp – Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp – Cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp – Split black gram/ ulunthu
- 2 tsp – Bengal gram
- 2 or 3 nos – Dry red chillies (as needed)
- 4 or 5 nos – Curry leaves
- 2 pinches – Asafoetida
- Crumble the quinoa idly into little pieces, keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, season with items given for seasoning. Add onion, ginger along with required salt, saute until golden brown.
- Add crumbled quinoa idly and idly podi, mix well and cook for few seconds. Finally garnish with coriander leaves and serve with hot sambar or chutney.
- You should be very careful while adding salt because idly has prepared with enough salt in it.