Coconut thuvaiyal is a simple side dish for white rice. My mom used to prepare this whenever she wants to make something quick especially for dinner. At home we used to have coconut thuvaiyal along with ghee.
- 1 cup – Coconut grated
- 3 tbsp – Roasted bengal gram/Pottukadalai
- 1 clove – Garlic
- 2 or 3 nos – Green chillies
- 1 pinch – Tamarind
- 4 or 5 nos – Fresh curry leaves
- Salt as needed
- Take a mixer/blender, add coconut, roasted bengal gram, garlic, green chillies, tamarind, fresh curry leaves along with required salt and grind to a coarse paste.
- Coconut thuvaiyal is ready. Serve hot with white rice, rasam and appalam.