Maida biscuit is a sweet snack prepared with maida and sugar. It is one of my favorite sweets.
- 1 1/2 cup – Maida
- 3/4 cup – Sugar
- 1/4 cup – Warm water
- 1 1/2 tbsp – Ghee
- 1 pinch – Baking soda
- 1 pinch – Salt
- Mix sugar in warm water until all the sugar is completely dissolves. Set aside.
- Take a mixing bowl, add maida, ghee, salt, baking soda and mix well. Now slowly add sugar water and knead to form a firm dough.
- Again knead the dough and divide into equal balls. Take a ball and roll out into chappathi ( it should be thick) and cut it into square or diamond shaped pieces.
- Heat oil in deep frying pan and fry them over medium flame until slightly golden brown on both the sides. Allow them to cool down and store in a air tight container. Maida biscuits are ready.
- Use the exact water measurement given in the ingredient list to get soft and firm dough.
- Do not worry if square or diamonds get together. When you drop in oil, it will separate. Handle carefully while dropping in oil.
- Sugar has to completely dissolve in water before mixing in maida to ensure even distribution of sweetness and texture.