Besan ladoo is an aromatic and delicious ladoo prepared with gram flour / besan and ghee. Whenever I see besan ladoo in Indian sweet shops, I fell in love with the golden color and shiny textures of besan ladoo. I tried this recipe and it turned out so good. I hope you enjoy this recipe, please try it and let me know if you like it.
Yields 7 to 8 ladoos
- 1 cup – Besan / kadalai maavu / gram flour
- 1/2 cup – Powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup – Ghee (warm) or add as needed
- 1/4 tsp – Cardamom powder
- 1 tbsp - Chopped nuts for garnishing ( I used almonds)
- Dry roast the besan / gram flour in a pan on low flame for about 10 to 12 mins or until they are slightly golden brown in color. While roasting the besan, melt the ghee and keep it aside.
- Keep roasting for even browning but do not burn it. Add melted ghee and continue roasting the besan for 5 to 6 minutes. Once besan starts releasing ghee and a nice nutty fragrance, switch off and remove from the stove.
- Add powdered sugar and cardamom powder, mix well so that no lumps are formed.
- While it is still warm, make lemon sized balls out of the dough and store it in an airtight container. Yummy besan ladoo is ready.
- Make ladoo while the dough is still warm otherwise it will be too hard to make a perfect ball.
- Make sure you roast besan flour till raw smell leaves else it will give a raw taste to the ladoos.
- Do not burn besan flour by over roasting. At the same time it should be nicely roasted so, keep the flame on low.