Asparagus is very low in Cholesterol and Sodium. It is also a good source of Iron, Magnesium and Zinc, and a very good source of Dietary Fiber, Protein, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Folate, Phosphorus, Potassium, Copper, Manganese and Selenium. I prepared asparagus stir fry with ginger which came out good.
- 1 bunch - Asparagus
- 2 tbsps – Olive oil
- 1 tsp - Cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp - Minced ginger
- 2 tsp - Lemon juice
- Black pepper powder as needed
- Salt as needed
- Wash asparagus thoroughly and pat dry them. Chop and discard the hard ends of the asparagus and cut them into big pieces as shown in the picture.
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds and wait till they crack. Then add chopped asparagus, ginger, lemon juice, salt and black pepper.
- Stir-fry for about 4 to 5 minutes until asparagus are tender but still crunch. Simple and yummy asparagus stir fry with ginger is ready to serve.
- Do not over cook asparagus as it takes very less time to cook, you need to be careful.
- You can also cook asparagus as it is, instead of chopping it.