Sprouts are believed to be highly nutritious and rich in enzymes which promote good health.Green gram sprout salad is a very refreshing and healthy salad. when sprouted turn out to be sweeter, this combo goes well with cucumbers,carrot, lemon and onion. Here I have used cooked instead of raw sprouts.
- 1 cup – Green gram sprouts
- 1/4 cup – Grated carrot
- 1/2 cup – Grated cucumber
- 1/2 no – Onion (chopped finely)
- 1 tbsp – Lemon juice (as per taste)
- 1 tbsp – Coriander leaves(finely chopped)
- Salt as needed
How to make sprouts:
- Wash and soak green gram in water for overnight.
- Drain water completely and tie them in a clean damp cotton cloth or paper towel and place it in a hot pack covered with lid for about 8hrs or until it sprouts well.
- Steam cook sprouts using idly vessel or electric rice cooker (using steam cook tray) for 8-10 minutes or until it cooks. Do not over cook it.
- Heat a pan, just fry carrot and onion separately until raw smell goes. No need to cook it completely.
- Take a mixing bowl;add cooked sprout, grated carrot, grated cucumber, onion, lemon juice, coriander leaves along with required salt mix it well all together.
- Now sprouted green lentil salad is ready for serving.
- I used paper towel instead of cotton cloth for making sprouts.
- I did steam cook sprouts using electric rice cooker with steam tray.