Gooseberry is called as Nellikkaai in Tamil and Amla in Hindi. Gooseberry oil is very popular in India as it serves as a hair growth booster thereby preventing hair loss. Taking Gooseberry juice with honey is good for improving eyesight. It provides remedies for many diseases so it is widely used in Ayurveda medicines. Gooseberry is very rich in Vitamin C. It contains many minerals and vitamins like Calcium, Phosphorus, Iron, Carotene and Vitamin B Complex. I made a wonderful juice with this precious natural fruit and it tasted awesome.
- 3 nos – Amla / gooseberry / mala nellikkaai (remove seeds and chop them into small pieces)
- 1/2 cup – Jaggery syrup (made from one big pieces of jaggery)
- 1 tbsp – Honey (as needed)
- 2 cup - Water
- Ice cubes as needed
- Heat a pan, place jaggery in a cup of water and bring it to a boil, cook until jaggery dissolves completely. When it boils, remove from flame and strain to remove all the impurities. Allow them to cool.
- Take a juicer, add chopped amla, jaggery syrup, honey, water and grind. Strain the juice and serve with ice cubes.
- You can replace jaggery with sugar or you can use just honey instead of using jaggery or sugar.
- While preparing jaggery just dissolve jaggery in water and boil for sometime.You don’t have to bring it to string consistency.
- You can add more water if you feel the juice is bitter. Healthy things always tastes bitter .