Eggless muffin made with wheat flour and jaggery. I tried this muffin for the first time and to my surprise the muffin was so moist and soft. You should try this recipe and see the result.
- 1 1/2 cups – Whole wheat flour
- 1 cup - Jaggery (grated)
- 1 cup - milk (I used 2% milk and at room temperature)
- 1/2 cup – Melted butter (room temperature)
- 1/2 tsp – Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp - Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp - Vanilla Essence
- Take a mixing bowl, add in sieved whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, jaggery and mix well together.
- Then add milk and mix well, followed by vanilla essence and finally melted butter. Mix well until a creamy texture is formed and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 F or 180 C. Meanwhile take muffin tray and place muffin cups in it if using one. Fill muffin cups with 3/4 full of batter and continue the same process with the rest of the batter.
- Bake it for 25-30mins or until slightly golden brown on top. You can check it by inserting tooth pick, it should come out clean. For me it took 25 mins to cook. Allow muffins to cool in the pan at least 10 minutes before removing them. Eggless wheat muffin with jaggery is ready and serve with whip cream on top.
- Do not over bake muffins it will become stiff and you lose its flavor.
- You can replace jaggery with brown sugar or our regular sugar but I would suggest you to use jaggery. Because it gives awesome flavor to the muffin.
- Batter should be stiff enough to hold a spoon upright; if it seems runny, then add few extra tablespoons of flour.