Vegetable fried rice is a Chinese style rice dish that goes very well with any Manchurian. I served it with gobi manchurian that was very good combo.
Serves 2 to 3
Serves 2 to 3
- 1 cup – Basmati rice (uncooked)
- 1 cup – Vegetables (Carrot, beans, green peas, cabbage, mushroom, corn – Chopped finely)
- 1/2 tsp – Garlic (chopped finely)
- 1/2 tsp – Ginger (chopped finely)
- 2 tbsp – Spring onion
- 1/4 tsp – Soya sauce
- 1/8 tsp – Sugar
- 1 tbsp – Oil (I used canola oil)
- Salt and pepper powder as needed
- Wash basmati rice and soak it for 20 to 30 minutes. Drain water completely and keep it aside.
- Take a pressure cooker, add soaked rice, 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 cups of water, required salt and 1 tsp of oil, cook for 1 whistle or until well cooked. Remove from fire and spread it in a plate, allow them to cool completely.
- Heat oil in a pan, add chopped garlic and ginger, saute for few seconds. Followed by chopped vegetables and little salt over medium flame, saute until vegetables are 3/4 cooked.
- Add soya sauce, required pepper power and sugar, mix well. Keep the flame in high, add cooked rice and gently mix well until rice is well coated with soy sauce.
- Finally garnish with chopped spring onion and serve hot with spicy manchurian or chilli paneer.
- You can replace black pepper with white pepper too. I used freshly ground black pepper in this recipe.
- I have used carrot, beans and green peas in this fried rice.
- Do not over cook rice, it should hold its shape.
- Keep the flame in high while adding rice.