Fried rice is a Chinese dish of steamed rice stir-fried in a wok, often mixed with other ingredients, such as eggs, vegetables, and meat. Usually served with manchurian, i prepared fried rice with mushrooms and served with chilli paneer dry.
- 1 cup - Basmati rice (uncooked)
- 10 to 12 nos - White button mushroom (sliced as shown in picture)
- 1 tsp - Ginger garlic paste
- 2 tsp - Soy sauce ( i used dark soy sauce)
- 1 tbsp - Spring onion (chopped finely)
- 1/4 tsp - Pepper powder (or use as needed)
- Salt as needed
- 1 tbsp - Olive oil
- Wash and cook rice in a pressure cooker for 2 or 3 whistles or until well cooked. Spread cooked rice in a plate and allow them to cool.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium flame, season with ginger garlic paste, saute until raw smell goes. Add mushroom slices and saute until they are 3/4 done or till the mushrooms begin to get slightly brown in the edges.
- Now add required salt and pepper powder, saute for few seconds and then add soy sauce. Keep the flame in high, add cooked rice and gently mix well until rice is well coated with soy sauce.
- Finally garnish with chopped spring onion and serve hot with spicy manchurian or chilli paneer.
- You can replace black pepper with white pepper too. I used freshly ground black pepper in this recipe.
- Do not over cook rice, it should hold its shape.
- Keep the flame in high while adding rice.