Refreshing and healthy popsicles with coconut water and fresh berries, super easy to make. Coconut water is a nature gift for us. It contains easily digested carbohydrate in the form of sugar and electrolytes. Instead of buying artificially flavoured ice popsicles from the market it is better to make these simple and tasty popsicles at home.
Yields: 4 to 5 popsicles (depends on the size of the mold you are using)
- 1 cup – Fresh coconut water (I used store bought)
- 2 to 3 nos – Strawberry (sliced)
- 10 nos – Blueberry
- 1 tsp – Sugar (optional)
- Fill half of your popsicle mold with coconut water. Now fill popsicle mold with fresh berries.
- Pour the coconut water over the berries and drizzle each section with sugar. You could also mix or shake the sugar and coconut water up together instead.
- Place the popsicles in freezer part of the refrigerator and freeze it for 4 to 5 hours or overnight. Once ready, remove carefully from the popsicle mold and enjoy. A trick to removing popsicles from the molds is to run each mold under warm water for about 30 seconds, then gently twist. Repeat if needed.
- Fresh coconut water tastes better than the store bought one.
- Sugar is completely optional. But I would recommend adding little bit sugar or any other alternatives.
- Make sure to wipe up any spills on the mold or tray before you put the tray into the freezer.
- When your popsicles are completely frozen, you will be able to pull on the stick easily. If the stick comes out by itself, your popsicle is not completely frozen. If the stick stays fast, your popsicle is frozen (ready to eat).