Paasi paruppu/Moong dhal/Split green gram is high in protein and is considered to be a good diet for weight loss. This simple, healthy and delicious laddu is normally prepared by my mom as an evening munch. It is also called as “Nei urundai”.
- 1 cup – Paasi paruppu/Split green gram
- 1/2 to 1 cup – Sugar (as per taste)
- 2 to 3 tbsp – Ghee
- Dry roast the paasi paruppu till you get a nice aroma or slightly golden brown. Cool and grind it into a fine powder in mixie. You can sieve the flour to ensure that there are no coarse particles.
- Grind the sugar in mixie to a fine powder. Set aside.
- Take a wide bowl add paasi paruppu powder and sugar; mix well.
- Now heat ghee and add it to the the paasi paruppu powder and sugar mix. Mix it with a spoon and make small balls (lemon sized)while the heat is endurable(tolerable or bearable).
- Now tasty paasi paruppu laddu is ready.This will even stay for a month if you store it properly in an airtight container.
- If you want you can add cardamom(elaichi) as an optional ingredient which gives nice aroma to laddu.