Pancake is a flat, round cake prepared from a batter and cooked on a hot griddle or frying pan. It can be prepared with or without egg. I prefer eggless pancake rather than with egg. I used to buy pre mix powder from store but this time I tried from scratch. Here comes the recipe for eggless pancake.
Ingredients: Yields 6 pancakes
- 1 cup - All purpose flour
- 1 cup – Milk
- 2 tbsp – Butter (melted)
- 1 tbsp - Brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp - Baking powder
- 1 tbsp – Canola oil
- 1 tsp - Vanilla essence
- 1 tbsp – Water
- Salt to taste
- Take a mixing bowl, add warm milk, canola oil, melted butter and vanilla essence, mix well.
- Then add all purpose flour, brown sugar, baking soda, required salt and water to it. Mix well without forming any lumps.
- Heat a tawa, take a ladle full of flour and spread it little bit like uthappam. Drizzle some melted butter around the sides and cook both sides till golden brown.Tasty pancake is ready and serve hot with maple syrup.
- Always cook pancake in medium flame. If you cook pancake on high flame, then the inner part of the pancake may not cook well.
- You can keep the prepared flour in the refrigerator for next day.
- You can always replace all purpose flour with whole wheat flour.