Black jamun / Naaval pazham is a purple coloured Indian fruit which has immense health benefits. Black jamun is used to treat people with diabetes, acidity, blood pressure, digestive disorders including diarrhoea etc. Not only healthy it is also yummy.
Serves 1 to 2
- 10 to 12 nos – Black jamun / Naaval pazham (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tsp – Lemon juice
- Sugar or honey to taste
- 1 pinch – Salt
- Water as needed
- Ice cubes as needed
- Wash black jamun thoroughly and deseed it. Take a mixer grinder, add chopped black jamun, salt, required sugar and lemon juice, grind it to puree.
- Now add enough ice water and once again blend it for few seconds. Strain through a metal strainer to remove little pulps. Add ice cubes and serve chilled.
- Adjust sugar and water according to the taste of the black jamun. If jamun is very sweet then you may reduce the amount of sugar.
- I used frozen black jamun in this recipe. It tasted same as fresh one.