Brown rice is a source of many beneficial nutrients, including fiber, magnesium, zinc and vitamin B-6. White rice, which is refined brown rice, has smaller amounts of these nutrients than whole-grain brown rice. I made dosai with brown rice along with idly rice and it came out well.
- 2 cups – Brown rice (I used long grain brown rice)
- 1 cup – Idly rice
- 1 cup – Whole black gram without skin (ulunthu)
- 1 tsp – Fenugreek seeds
- Salt as needed
- Soak brown rice and idly rice each separately for overnight. Same way soak whole black gram along with fenugreek seeds for 3 hours or overnight.
- In a mixer grinder, add in soaked whole black gram with fenugreek seeds and grind them to a smooth batter. Then grind brown rice and idly rice each separately to a smooth batter. Add enough salt and mix well everything. Ferment this batter for upto 6 hours or until well fermented.
- Heat a tawa, take a ladle full of flour and spread it like normal dosai. Drizzle some oil around the sides and cook both sides till golden brown. Serve hot with any spicy chutney.