Roasted red bell pepper soup is prepared by roasting red pepper, garlic and onion. This soup with its smoky, slightly sweet flavor from the roasted peppers, is a perfect beginning for any meal.
- 2 nos – Red bell pepper / Red capsicum
- 1 no – Onion (medium sized)
- 2 nos – Garlic
- 2 cup – Vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper as needed
- 2 tsp – Olive oil
- Wash bell pepper and cut them into halves (remove seeds) as shown in the picture. Preheat oven 350 F / 180 C, place red bell peppers, unpeeled garlic, whole onion on a baking sheet and roast for about 10 to 15 minutes or until skin is blistered. Let it cool and then peel off skins, chop into big chunks.
- Transfer chopped roasted red pepper, garlic, onion to a blender and grind it to a puree.
- Heat oil in a pan, add pureed red pepper mixture along with vegetable stock, required salt and pepper, bring it to boil. Cook until you reach soup consistency. Simple and yummy soup is ready and serve with bread toast.
- You can pan roast red pepper, garlic and onion instead of using oven. I prefer oven because of its nice flavor to the soup.
- If you don’t have vegetable stock at home, you can always make your own. To make simple vegetable broth: Pressure cook some onion, carrot, beans, cabbage, garlic, peppercorns, bay leaf, ginger, oil, salt, water etc and cook for 4 or 5 whistles then strain the broth.