Summer is nearing, need something to beat the heat. Homemade popsicle are best for family, we can create our own flavor and combo. Here is the recipe for strawberry yogurt popsicle.
Yields: 2 to 3 popsicles (depends on the size of the mold you are using)
- 1 cup - Strawberry (fresh)
- 1 tbsp - Sugar
- 1 tsp - Lemon juice (as needed)
- 2 tbsp - Yogurt
- 1/8 cup - Water
- Transfer chopped strawberry, sugar, lemon juice and water, blend it to puree. Your mixture should be just thin enough to pour, but not too thin so that it will be in runny, watery consistency.
- Take a small bowl, beat yogurt and little bit sugar together, Set it aside.
- You can use any popsicle mold of your choice. Pour strawberry mixture may be to 1/4th of each mold.Then add yogurt and finally finish it off with strawberry mixture.
- Close the popsicles mold with lid and freeze it for 4 to 5 hours or overnight in the freezer part of the refrigerator. When it is done, take it out and carefully show the outer surface under tap of hot running water for 30 seconds before pull out the popsicles. Serve it immediately.
- Make sure to wipe up any spills on the mold or tray before you put the tray into the freezer.
- When your popsicles are completely frozen, you will be able to pull on the stick easily. If the stick comes out by itself, your popsicle is not completely frozen. If the stick stays fast, your popsicle is frozen (ready to eat).
- Adjust sugar quantity according to the sweetness of strawberry you are using.
- Adjust lemon juice as needed.