Green capsicum curry is prepared with ground roasted bengal gram and fennel seeds. This vibrant vegetable is a source of valuable nutrients, fiber and antioxidants. Including this vegetable in your diet to enhance your health.
- 1 big – Green capsicum / Green bell pepper
- 2 tbsp – Roasted bengal gram / pottukadalai
- 1/2 tsp – Fennel seeds / sombu
- 1/4 tsp – Turmeric powder
- 1/2 to 1 tsp – Red chilli powder ( i used sambar powder)
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp – Oil
- 1/4 tsp – Mustard seeds / kaduku
- 1/4 tsp – Split black gram / ulunthu
- 1/4 tsp – Cumin seeds / jeera
- 1 pinch – Asafoetida
- 4 or 5 nos – Curry leaves
- Wash capsicum and chop into slightly big chunks, set it aside.
- Take a blender, add roasted bengal gram and fennel seeds, blend it to fine powder, set it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, season with items given in the list for seasonings. Add chopped capsicum along with required salt, saute until capsicums are 1/2 done.
- Now add turmeric powder and red chilli powder or sambar powder, mix well. After that add ground powder and little water (approximately 1/4 cup), mix well and cook until capsicum is well cooked. Switch off the stove and serve with hot rice and curry.
- I used sambar powder in this recipe to enhance the flavour.
- Do not add too much water in this recipe, that may spoil the consistency of the curry.