Tomato soup is a creamy soup prepared with tomato as main ingredient. It may be served hot or cold, and can be prepared in different styles. Here is a tomato soup with no fresh cream.
- 2 nos – Tomato (big sized)
- 1 no – Onion (small sized)
- 1 no – Carrot
- 2 or 3 nos – Garlic
- 1 tsp – Corn flour
- 1/8 tsp – Sugar
- Salt and pepper powder as needed
- 2 tsp – Oil / butter
- 1/4 tsp – Cumin seeds
- 10 nos – Peppercorns
- Heat oil or butter in a pan, season with cumin seeds and peppercorns. Add chopped onion and garlic, saute until translucent.
- Now add chopped carrot and saute until they are half cooked. Then add chopped tomatoes along with required salt, saute for few seconds.
- Add 2 cups of water and bring it to boil. Cover with lid and cook until they are well cooked, let it cool for a while.
- Transfer this mixture to mixie or blender, blend them to a puree like consistency. Filter the juice with a strainer and discard the pulp.
- Transfer this juice to a big vessel and once again bring it to boil. Meanwhile mix corn flour and 1/4 cup of water without any lumps, set it aside.
- Finally add corn flour mixture, sugar, salt and pepper powder as needed to the soup. Allow them to cook for 4 to 5 mins or until raw smell of corn flour goes. Switch off the stove and serve hot with croutons.
- Tomato which you are using in this recipe should be nicely ripped.
- You can also add 2 tbsp of chopped celery in this recipe for more flavour.
- Adjust salt and pepper as needed to this recipe.