Aval mixture / poha mixture is a spicy snack made with beaten rice/ aval and nuts. Best evening time snack and very simple to make recipe. Also it is a healthy choice as it is just pan fried with little oil.
- 1 cup – Beaten rice / aval / poha
- 5 tbsp – Roasted bengal gram / pottukadalai
- 5 tbsp – Peanuts (roasted)
- 3 tbsp – Cashew nuts (raw)
- 1 no – Green chilli (chopped into two)
- 2 no – Dried red chillies
- 10 nos – Fresh curry leaves
- 1/4 tsp – Turmeric powder
- Salt as needed
- 2 tsp – Oil
- Heat oil in a pan, add green chilies, red chilies and curry leaves, saute for few seconds. Always keep the flame in medium.
- Add cashews nuts, followed by roasted bengal gram and peanuts along with turmeric powder, saute until slightly golden brown.
- Now reduce flame to low, add beaten rice / aval little by little and keep stirring until aval pieces are well coated with the turmeric and oil. Keep stirring continuously for 5 to 7 mins until aval becomes crispy. Finally add required salt and mix well.
- Allow the to cool and store in airtight container for upto 10 days or more. Best tea time snacks.
- I used roasted peanuts here. If you have raw peanuts, add it as the first thing before adding green chillies and red chillies.
- Do not burn aval by over frying.