Merry Christmas to everyone. Today i am posting eggless cookies with wheat and honey as a main ingredient. You can prepare this yummy cookies and share with your friends and family during this holiday season.
Yields : 18 to 20 cookies (depends on size)
Cooking time : 15 minutes
- 1 1/4 cup – Wheat flour
- 1/4 cup – Brown sugar
- 1/4 cup – Honey
- 1/4 cup – Melted butter
- 1 tsp - Vanilla Essence
- 1 tsp - Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp - Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp – Salt
- 1/4 to1/2 cup – Walnuts chopped
- Take a mixing bowl, add wheat flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl. Mix well.
- In another bowl, add oil, honey and vanilla essence in a bowl and mix well.
- Now mix wet ingredients over dry ingredients until well incorporated. Now add chopped walnuts and mix well.
- Make lemon sized balls out of the dough, place them on a butter paper lined baking tray, making sure they are evenly spaced and have room to spread.
- Meanwhile preheat oven to 350 F or 180 C, flatten each ball slightly with your finger. Bake for 15 minutes. Look out for browning at the sides and bottom of the cookies.
- Remove the cookies carefully from the paper and place on wire rack, let it cool completely. Store it in an airtight container.
- You can replace brown sugar with our regular sugar.
- if you want bit thicker cookies then slightly flatten them. Cooking time will also differ for thicker cookies like 20 mins. But i preferred thin cookies so made it like this, which also takes less time to cook.
- Do not over bake cookies because it will become harder and also tastes bitter. So keep watching for cookies to brown after 10 mins.
- Do not crowd the baking sheet, cookies should have enough space to spread so leave atleast 2 inch space between cookies.
- My cookies were ready in 13 -14 mins. After the first 10 mins of baking, rotate the baking sheet and bake for 2-3 more mins to ensure uniform browning. I got 18 big size cookies from the above recipe.
- You can store these cookies in an airtight container for 2-3 weeks at room temperature.