Healthy muffin prepared with oats, rava, flax seed powder and banana. I got inspired from veginspirations because of its ingredients and name “Indian style cardamom flavored oats semolina banana bread”. I thought of making muffin with same ingredients with slight variation and it came out well.
- 1 cup – Oats powder (dry roast oats and grind them coarsely)
- 1/2 cup – Rava / semolina (roasted in a tsp of ghee)
- 3 tbsp – Flax seeds powder (dry roast flax seeds and grind to a fine powder)
- 2 nos – Banana (nicely ripped)(I used Del Monte variety banana)
- 1/2 cup – Brown sugar or sugar
- 3 tbsp – Almonds chopped
- 1/2 cup – Milk (room temperature)
- 3 tbsp – Clarified butter / ghee (room temperature)
- 1 tsp – Baking soda
- 2 pinches – Cardamom powder
- Take a blender, add in ripped banana and milk, grind them to a puree. Set aside.
- Take a mixing bowl, add in oats flour, roasted rava, flax seed powder, chopped almonds, brown sugar, baking soda and finally cardamom powder, mix everything well together.
- Add butter and banana milk puree, mix well until a creamy texture is formed.
- Preheat oven to 350 F or 180 C. Meanwhile take muffin tray and place muffin cups in it if using one. Fill muffin cups with 3/4 full of batter; continue the same process with the rest of the batter.
- Bake it for 25-30mins or until slightly golden brown on top. You can check it by inserting tooth pick, it should come out clean. For me it took 27 mins to cook. Allow muffins to cool in the pan at least 10 minutes before removing them. Eggless oats rava banana muffin is ready.
- I used brown sugar in this recipe but you can replace it with white sugar.
- Do not over bake muffins it will become stiff and you lose it flavor.