Sandwich is a popular lunch, typically taken to work, school, or picnics to be eaten as part of a packed lunch. They generally contain a combination of salad vegetables, meat, cheese, and a variety of sauces or savory spreads. I used onion bun to make this vegetable sandwich. Onion buns/rolls are a type of bread roll similar to a bun. It is topped with onions and also with poppy seeds.
- 2 nos – Onion bun (Bun topped with onion and poppy seeds)
- 2 slices – Swiss cheese
- 2 tbsp – Hummus
- 1/4 cup – Onion slices (chop lengthwise thinly)
- 4 slices – Tomato (chopped into circles)
- 6 slices – Carrot (slice it lengthwise thinly using peeler)
- 8 slices – Cucumber (chop into circles)
- 1/4 cup – Green bell pepper/capsicum (slice lengthwise)
- Lettuce as needed (optional)
- Salt and pepper as needed
- Grill sliced carrot, green bell pepper and onion in Panini making grill until 3/4 cooked. Set aside.
- Cut onion bun horizontally into two halves. Spread a tbsp of hummus on one side of the bun.Then place few slices of cucumber on it and next followed by grilled vegetables like onion, capsicum, tomato, carrot.
- Sprinkle little salt and pepper and then place Swiss cheese on top of it. Now everything is arranged and cover this with other half of onion bun. Sandwich is ready for grilling.
Grilling of sandwich:
- Preheat Panini maker, once it becomes to a medium hot, place sandwich on it and cover it completely. Cook for 2-3 mins or until cheese melts little bit. Do not burn the bun.
- Now grilled sandwich is ready to serve.
- Using lettuce is completely optional. If you prefer using lettuce, use it after applying hummus.