- 2 cups – Dosa batter
- 1 no – Onion (medium sized chopped finely)
- 1 or 2 – Green chili (chopped finely)
- 1/4 inch – ginger (chopped finely)
- 1/4 tsp – Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp – Cumin seeds
- 4 nos – Curry leaves (chopped finely)
- 1 tbsp – Coriander leaves
- 1 pinch – Asafoetida
- Salt as needed
- 1 tsp – Oil for seasoning
- Oil as needed for making paniyaram
- Heat oil in a pan,splutter mustard seeds,cumin seeds,curry leaves and a pinch asafoetida. Add onion, green chili, ginger, coriander leaves and required salt fry for 3 minutes;switch off the stove. Mix this onion mixture with batter.
- Heat kuzhi paniyaram pan. Put 2-3 drops of oil in each hole; fill each hole with the batter and drizzle a drop of oil on top. After 2-3 minutes, flip over to cook the other side. Once both sides turn golden brown, switch off and serve hot with any spicy chutney.