Missi roti is an Indian flat bread prepared with wheat flour,gram flour and other spices. This roti is a speciality of Rajasthan and also popular in Punjab too.
Serves 2 people
- 1/2 cup - Gram flour / besan / kadalai maavu
- 1/2 cup - Wheat flour
- 1/8 tsp – Turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp – Red chili powder ( or add as needed)
- 1/8 tsp - Carom seeds / ajwain
- 1/2 tsp - Grated ginger
- 1/2 tsp - Green chilies(minced)- Optional
- 2 tbsp – Coriander leaves(chopped)
- 1 tbsp - Ghee or butter
- 2 pinches – Asafoetida
- Salt to taste
- Take a mixing bowl, add gram flour, wheat flour, ginger, chopped green chillies(optional), ajwain, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander leaves, ghee or butter, asafoetida, required salt and mix well.
- Add required water and knead it to soft dough. Cover with lid and rest it for 15 mins. Make equal sized balls out of the dough, dust the ball with wheat flour and roll it into a medium thick roti.
- Heat a tawa, place the roti and drizzle little oil around the sides, toast till they are golden brown on both sides or till you get golden spots all over. Remove from the heat and apply ghee over it. Serve hot with dal or curd or pickle.
- You can replace coriander leaves with freshly chopped methi leaves.
- If you are making rotis for kids, then skip the green chilies.