- 2 cups – Yellow pumpkin
- 11/2 cup – Milk
- 1/2 cup - sugar (as needed)
- 3 tbsp – Ghee
- 1 no – Cardamom
- 5 or 6 – Cashew nuts
- Peel and cut pumpkin into small cubes. Pressure cook pumpkin in 1 1/2 cup of milk for a whistle and allow it to cool.
- Grind cooked pumpkin with milk to a smooth paste using mixer grinder or food blender and keep it aside.
- Heat a tbsp ghee in a pan,fry cashew nuts till golden brown. Take out from pan and keep it aside.
- In the same pan add ground pumpkin along with sugar and keep on stirring by adding ghee little by little to it.
- Add cardamom and continue cooking till the ghee separates from the halwa.
- Garnish it with fried cashew nuts and serve hot.