Cauliflower pepper fry is a simple and easy to prepare dish made with combination of cauliflower and black pepper.
- 2 cups – Cauliflower florets ( bigger pieces)
- 1 no – Big onion (chopped finely)
- 1/4 no – Tomato (chopped finely)
- 1 tsp – Ginger garlic paste
- 1/4 tsp – Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp – Pepper powder (as needed)
- 1/4 tsp – Kashmiri red chili powder (optional)
- 1 tsp – Coriander powder
- Salt as needed
- 2 tbsp – Coriander leaves (for garnishing)
- 2 tsp – Oil
- 1/4 tsp – Mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp – Split black gram (ulunthu)
- 1/2 tsp – Cumin seeds
- 1 pinch – Asafoetida
- 4 or 5 nos – Curry leaves
- Heat oil in a pan, splutter mustard seeds, split black gram, cumin seeds, asafoetida and curry leaves.Add onion, ginger garlic paste and required salt, saute until golden brown.
- Now add washed cauliflower florets saute for few minutes and then add tomatoes; cover with lid and cook until cauliflower is half done. If needed sprinkle little water.
- Add turmeric powder, pepper powder, red chili powder and coriander powder saute until raw smell goes.
- Finally garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with white rice and sambar.