Rice laddu is a sweet ball prepared with boiled rice, sugar, cardamom and ghee. My mom prepares this laddu very often when we come back from school. It is a good old memory and love it. This quick and yummy snack can be prepared with less ingredients.
Yields 10 to 12 laddus
- 1 cup – Rice ( i used boiled rice)
- 1/4 cup – Sugar ( or add as needed)
- 2 nos – Cardamom
- 4 to 5 tbsp – Hot ghee (or add as needed)
- Heat a pan, add rice and roast it over medium flame. Rice slightly change its color to brown and they even puff up little. Right stage to switch off the stove and let it cool.
- Add roasted rice to a mixer grinder along with required sugar and cardamom, grind it finely. Powdered rice will be slightly grainy and that is why it will not be sticky while eating.
- Transfer the powdered rice to a mixing bowl and add hot ghee to it, mix well. Do not add all the ghee in one shot, make sure you add little at a time.
- While it is still warm, make lemon sized balls out of the dough and store it in an airtight container. Yummy rice laddu is ready.
- If you find it difficult to make laddu, you can add 1 or 2 tbsp of warm milk to it. My mom usually add little milk to hold its shape, but i did not use it. If you use milk, then you can keep this laddu outside and it is good to refrigerate.
- Make laddu balls while the dough is still warm otherwise it will be too hard to make a perfect ball.
- Add hot ghee little by little in the ground mixture while making laddu.
- You can store this laddu in an airtight container for couple of days.
- You can increase or decrease the quantity of sugar as per your taste. For me 1/4 cup of sugar is more than enough.