Chocolate crinkles are soft, chewy and delicious cookies prepared with cocoa powder as the main ingredient. These crinkles are just perfect for Halloween party and keep chocolate lovers happy.
Yields around 20 cookies (depends on the size of ball)
- 1 cup – All purpose flour
- 1/2 cup – Cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup – Sugar
- 1/4 cup – Vegetable oil / Melted butter
- 2 no’s – Egg
- 1 tsp – Vanilla essence
- 1 tsp – Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp – Espresso powder ( I used coffee powder)
- 1/8 tsp – Salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup – Confectioner sugar / Icing sugar ( for dusting)
- Take a mixing bowl, add oil, sugar and cocoa powder, beat well with beater until it comes together.
- Add the eggs one at a time and beat well for 30 seconds each. Add vanilla essence and beat them thoroughly.
- In another bowl, mix all purpose flour, salt, expresso powder, baking powder until well combined.
- Now mix dry ingredients into cocoa mixture. Mix well with beater until just combined. Do not overbeat. Cover the dough with plastic wrap and chill the dough for 3 to 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line two baking tray with parchment paper. Place the confectioner sugar in a wide bowl. Using a icecream scoop, take chilled dough ( lemon sized) and shape it into a ball.
- Roll the balls in the confectioner's sugar and place on the baking tray. Bake it for 10 to15 minutes. Allow them to cool for a minute or two on the baking tray before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Chocolate crinkles are ready.
- Do not over bake cookies because it will become harder and also tastes bitter. Chocolate crinkles cookies should be soft and slight chewy.
- Do not over crowd the baking sheet, cookies should have enough space to spread so leave atleast 2 inch space between cookies.
- My cookies were ready in 15 mins. Cooking time will vary based on the oven you are using. I got 20 cookies from the above recipe.
- You can store these cookies in an airtight container for a week or so at room temperature.