Eggless banana nut muffin is prepared with nicely ripped banana and nuts. First time i am trying muffins at home and I can say the outcome was perfect. Texture and taste was really awesome, we all enjoyed it.
- 2 nos – Banana (nicely ripped)(I used Del Monte variety banana)
- 3/4 cup – All purpose flour
- 1/4 cup – Brown sugar
- 1/4 cup – Almonds (chopped finely)
- 1/4 cup – Butter (at room temperature)/ use Oil
- 1/2 tsp – Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp – Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp – Vanilla essence
- Peel skin and mash banana well using your hand or grind them to smooth paste. Add butter, vanilla essence, brown sugar and mix well until brown sugar completely dissolves.
- Take a mixing bowl, add all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda and mix well. Now add banana mixture to this and mix well until a creamy texture is formed. Finally add chopped almonds except few for topping (at least 2 tbsp).
- Preheat oven to 350 F or 180 C. Meanwhile take muffin tray and place muffin cups in it if using one. Fill muffin cups with 3/4 full of batter; then top it with few chopped almonds and continue the same process with the rest of the batter.
- Bake it for 20-25mins or until slightly golden brown on top. You can check it by inserting tooth pick, it should come out clean. For me it took 23 mins to cook. Allow muffins to cool in the pan at least 10 minutes before removing them. Eggless banana nut muffin is ready.
- Do not over bake muffins it will become stiff and you lose it flavor.
- You can replace brown sugar with our regular sugar.
- You can use walnut instead of almonds. Since I didn’t have walnuts I used almonds.
- Batter should be stiff enough to hold a spoon upright; if it seems runny, gently fold in a few extra tablespoons of flour.