Idly upma is a very simple and delicious dish made with leftover idly’s.This is a very common snack in South India, which can be prepared in no time.
- 5 nos – Idly (crumble into pieces)
- 1 no – Onion (chopped finely)
- 1/2 tsp – Ginger
- 2 or 3 – Green chillies (chopped finely)
- 1 tsp – Idly podi (as per your spice level)
- 1 pinch – Turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp – Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Salt as per taste
- 1 tbsp – Oil
- 1/4 tsp – Mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp – Split black gram
- 1 tsp – Bengal gram
- 4 or 5 nos – Curry leaves
- 1 pinch – Asafoetida
- Crumble the idly into little pieces, keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, season with items given for seasoning. Add onion, ginger, green chillies along with required salt, saute until golden brown.
- Add crumbled idly, idly podi, turmeric powder, mix well and cook for few seconds.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with hot sambar or chutney.
- You can chop idly into fine pieces instead of crumbling. But I always like crumbled idly for upma.