This recipe I have tried for the very first time and it came out very well so thought of sharing immediately. It will be a wonderful curry for rice. The preparation is simple and quick. So why to wait give it a try :).
- 1cup – Yellow pumpkin(cut in to small cubes)
- 1 no – Onion (chopped finely)
- 1/2 no – Tamarind (gooseberry size)
- 2 tbsp – Coconut grated
- salt as needed
- 1 tbsp – Oil
- 1/4 tsp – Mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp – split black gram(ulunthu)
- 4 nos – Curry leaves
- 1 tbsp – coriander seeds (dhania)
- 1 tbsp – Spilt black gram (ulunthu)
- 4 or 5 nos – Dry red chilies
- 1/4 tsp – Asafoetida
- Roast all ingredients given for grinding in little oil and grind together to a fine powder.
- Grind grated coconut to smooth paste and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, splutter mustard seeds, split black gram and curry leaves. Add onion along with required salt saute until golden brown and then add pumpkin, fry for 2 minutes.
- Add ground powder to it and fry until raw smell goes.Then add tamarind juice along with a cup of water; cover with lid and cook for a while. Finally add coconut paste cook for about 6 to 7 minutes.
- Now pumpkin curry is ready. Serve hot with white rice.