Most of us never try karuvepilai chutney since we have a feeling that it does not taste good. Even I had the same feeling but I tried to make this chutney in a way that everybody likes it...It came out well.
- 1 cup- curry leaves
- 6 nos- Small onion (big onion-1 medium)
- 1 or 2 nos – Green chili’s
- 4 tbsp -Grated coconut
- 1 blueberry size -Tamarind
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp –Sesame oil(any)
- 1tsp – Uluntham paruppu(urad dhal)
- ½ tsp – Mustard seeds (kaduku)
- Heat oil in a kadai add onions and green chilies, Let it cooks for a minute. Then add the curry leaves allow this to cook for a minute. Finally add the grated coconut. Mix everything well twice or thrice with the spatula. Switch off the stove.
- After the mixture gets cooled add the salt and tamarind and grind it in the mixie. Season it with mustard and uluntham paruppu.