- 1 cup – Rice (Basmati rice/raw rice)
- 1 no – Lemon
- 2 or 3 nos – Dry red chili (as needed)
- 1/4 tsp – Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp – Mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp – Split black gram
- 6 or 7 – Cashew nuts
- 6 or 7 – Peanuts
- 1 tbsp – Bengal gram (kadalai paruppu)
- 5 or 6 – Curry leaves
- 1 pinch – Asafoetida
- Salt as needed
- 1 tbsp – Oil
- Wash and cook the rice. Spread cooked rice on a wide bowl and let it cool completely. Cut the lemon and squeeze the juice discarding the seeds.
- Heat oil in a pan;fry cashews until golden brown and keep aside. Now add peanuts and roast until they turn golden brown on both sides, remove and keep them aside too.
- Now in the same pan heat a tbsp of oil splutter mustard,split black gram, bengal gram,red chili,asafoetida and curry leaves.
- Add lemon juice along with turmeric powder and salt; bring to boil. Add cooked rice to this mixture and mix everything well to blend .Finally add toasted cashews and peanuts.