Salad with black bean, grilled vegetables, avocado and seasonings, that compliments summer get together or any parties. I had tasted this healthy salad in a get together happened a couple of months before at our friend’s place, that was really appetizing.
Serves 4 to 5
- 3/4 cup – Black bean
- 1 no – Zucchini (medium size)
- 1/2 no – Green capsicum / green pepper
- 1/2 no – Red capsicum / red pepper
- 1 no – Avocado (slightly ripe)
- 2 tbsp – Coriander leaves chopped
- Salt and pepper powder to taste
- 2 tbsp – Olive oil
- Lemon juice as needed
- Wash and soak black bean for 6 hours or overnight. Pressure cook them for 2 whistles or until well cooked. Do not over cook black bean, it should hold its shape even after cooking.Set it aside.
- Cut zucchini as shown in the picture and marinate it with little salt, pepper powder and olive oil. Same way marinate green pepper and red pepper and grill them until they are 3/4 cooked.
- Once done chop them into slightly big chunks as shown in the picture. Set it aside. Cut avocado into big chunks and keep it aside.
- Take a large mixing bowl, add cooked black bean, grilled vegetables, avocado, squeeze some lemon juice, required salt and pepper powder, finally add chopped coriander leaves. Mix well and set it aside for 10 to 15 minutes before serving. Healthy and yummy salad is ready to serve.
- You may use any color capsicum in this recipe.
- Do not over cook black bean as it will spoil the texture of salad.