Stuffed mushrooms are prepared by filling mushroom caps with any filling of your choices. I used simple filling like mushroom stems, onion, garlic, tomato and cilantro. Mushrooms are low in calorie and they are good source of B vitamins.
- 8 to 10 nos – White button mushroom
- 1 no – Onion (chopped finely)
- 2 nos – Garlic grated
- 1/2 no – Tomato (remove seeds and chopped finely)
- 2 tbsp – Coriander leaves / Cilantro
- Salt and pepper powder as needed
- 1/2 cup – Grated cheese ( any of your choice)
- 1/2 tbsp – Bread crumbs (optional)
- 1 tsp – Olive oil
- Wash and drain mushroom thoroughly, remove stems and inner parts completely as shown in the picture. Keep the stems for stuffing.
- Heat oil in a pan, add onion and garlic, saute until translucent. Then add chopped stems along little salt and pepper powder. Cook until well cooked.
- Next add chopped coriander leaves , followed by chopped tomato and do not over cook it. Switch off the stove and allow the mixture to cool down completely. Finally add a 1/2 tbsp of bread crumbs and mix well. Stuffing is ready.
For stuffed mushroom:
- Preheat oven for 180 C or 350 F , take a baking tray ( apply little olive oil allover) and arrange cleaned mushroom stem side down and bake for 5 mins.
- Now turn mushroom stem sides up and divide the desired filling among mushroom cups as shown in the picture. Finally sprinkle cheese on top and now it is ready for baking.
- Bake for 8 to 10 mins or until cheese melts completely. Stuffed mushrooms are ready to serve.
- You can make any stuffing of your choice.
- I used mixture of cheddar and mozzarella cheese in this recipe.
- Bread crumbs are completely optional. But using of it in this recipe is highly useful because it absorbs extra moisture from the filling.
- I used white button mushrooms in this recipe. You can also use brown mushrooms even portabella mushrooms.