Tomato raita is a perfect accompaniment to be served with paneer paratha, aloo paratha etc. Many Indian rice dishes like biryani, pulao, variety rice are also served with raita.
Serves 4 people
- 3/4 cup - Curd / yogurt
- 1 no - Tomato (remove seeds and chop finely)
- 1/2 no - Onion (chopped finely)
- 1 no - Green chillies (chopped finely)
- 1/4 tsp - Cumin powder
- 1 tbsp - Coriander leaves (chopped finely)
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp - Oil
- 1/8 tsp - Mustard seeds
- 1 pinch - Asafoetida
- Take curd in a mixing bowl and beat them well until smooth.
- Add chopped tomato, chopped onion and green chilli, chopped coriander leaves, cumin powder and required salt, mix everything well.
- Heat oil in a pan, temper it with mustard seeds and asafoetida, pour this tempering on top of raita.
- Transfer it to serving bowl and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- If you prefer you can add little chopped cucumber to this raita.
- Use nice ripped tomato for making this raita.
- You can increase or decrease number of green chillies as per your spice level.