Egg sandwich is prepared with stir fried onion, tomato mixture and hard boiled eggs. Kids will love this and it is a best breakfast item. Also it can be taken out as lunch for picnic.
- 6 nos – Whole wheat bread or white bread
- 3 nos – Hard boiled eggs
- 2 nos – Onion (chopped lengthwise)
- 1 big – Tomato (chopped lengthwise)
- 1 tsp – Olive oil
- 1/8 tsp – Fennel powder (crushed)
- 1/8 tsp – Cumin powder
- 1 pinch – Turmeric powder
- Salt and pepper powder as needed
- Chop hard boiled eggs into thin circles as shown in picture. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add in chopped onions, saute for few seconds. Now add fennel powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder, required salt and pepper powder, saute for few seconds.
- Add tomato, saute for few seconds and set aside. Do not over cook onion and tomato mixture.
- Now comes the arranging part, take a bread slice, spread onion and tomato mixture. Then add egg slices on top and if required sprinkle little salt and pepper powder, close it with other bread. Continue the same process with rest of the bread slices.
- Heat a panini making grill, toast breads until you see dark brown strips on both sides. Egg sandwich is ready to serve.
- Do not over cook onion and tomato mixture.
- You can make this sandwich on stove top instead of panini making grill.
- This sandwich can be prepared for a party or gathering too.