When i thought of making parotta for dinner, the next thing came into my mind was what side dish i am going to make. When i was looking out my refrigerator, i recollected that i bought fresh green peas from the store a day before. Finally i ended up making green peas kurma for the parotta. Peas are high in fiber, protein, vitamins, minerals, and lutein.
- 1 1/2 cup – Green peas ( I used fresh one)
- 1 tbsp – Oil
- 1 tsp - Fennel Seeds
- 10 nos – Cashews
- 1 no – Onion (chopped)
- 1/2 no – Tomato (chopped)
- 1 tsp - Turmeric powder
- 1 1/2 tsp – Red chili powder
- 1 tbsp - Coriander powder
- Sugar - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp - Onion chopped for garnishing
- Heat oil in a pan, add fennel seeds and cashew nuts and let them fry for few seconds.
- Add onion and tomato saute for 3 to 4 minutes or until well cooked. Add all masala powders along with required salt and fry until raw smell goes. Set aside and let it cool for sometime.
- Grind this mixture in a blender to a fine puree by adding some water and set aside.
- Take a kadai and boil peas with enough water for 10 mins or cook till the peas are well cooked. Now add in the ground masala and sugar; mix well and cook for 5-10 mins.
- Serve hot with your choice of parotta.