Black gram laddu / ulunthu laddu is a healthy laddu prepared with whole black gram without skin / ulutham paruppu. It is a healthy evening snack for all ages. I have also posted paasi paruppu laddu, oats almond laddu etc.
- 1 cup – Black gram whole without skin / ulutham paruppu / urad dhal whole without skin
- 3/4 to 1 cup – Jaggery ( powdered, add as needed)
- 4 tbsp to 5 tbsp – Ghee (hot)
- Heat a pan, dry roast black gram until they are slightly golden brown in color. Allow them to cool and grind them in a mixer grinder to a coarse powder.
- Take a mixing bowel, add coarsely ground powder and powdered jaggery, mix well together thoroughly.
- Now add hot ghee to this and mix them with a spoon to make sure ghee is well coated all over the flour. While it is still warm, make a lemon sized ball out of this mixture and store it in an airtight container. Simple and yummy black gram laddu is ready.
- You can replace jaggery with powdered sugar.
- You can also add little cardamom powder for extra flavour.
- You can store this laddu in an airtight container for couple of week.