Green gram and green mango salad is a tangy salad prepared with freshly made sprouts. Sprouts are highly nutritious and rich in enzymes which promote good health. It is a very refreshing and healthy salad.
- 2 cups – Homemade green gram sprouts
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup – Green mango (cut into small pieces)
- 1 no – Green chillies (chopped finely)
- 1 tbsp – Coriander leaves
- Salt and lemon juice to taste
- 1/4 cup - Water
- 1 tsp – Olive oil
- 1/4 tsp – Mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp – Cumin seeds
- 1 pinch – Asafoetida
- Heat a tsp of oil in a pan, season with items given for seasoning. Add chopped green chillies, saute for few seconds and then add green gram sprouts along 1/4 cup of water, enough salt. Mix everything well.
- Cover with lid and cook over medium flame until sprouts get little softer and water is almost absorbed.
- At this stage add chopped green mango and lemon juice. Switch off the stove and garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Salad is ready to serve.
- You can also add 1 tbsp of freshly grated coconut as a garnish to this recipe.