Aloo methi is a dry dish prepared with potatoes, methi or fenugreek leaves, and a combination of spices. Simple and delicious recipe that takes very less time to prepare. Best side for roti and even for white rice.
- 4 nos – Potatoes (medium sized, peeled and chopped in to cubes)
- 2 cups – Methi leaves / Fenugreek leaves / Venthaya keerai (wash and chopped)
- 1/4 tsp – Turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp – Red chilli powder
- 2 tsp – Coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp – Amchoor powder / Mango powder (optional)
- Salt as needed
- 1 tbsp – Oil
- 1 tsp – Cumin seeds
- 2 r 3 pinches – Asafoetida
- 2 nos – Dry red chillies
- Wash, peel and cut the potatoes into cubes. Set aside. Same way wash methi leaves and chop them.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium flame, season with items given in the list for seasoning.
- Add potatoes, methi leaves, turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chili powder and required salt, mix it well.
- Cover the pan with lid and cook over medium flame for 10 to 15 mins (stir one or two times in between) or until potatoes are tender and cooked well. If potatoes appear to be very dry add 1 or 2 tablespoons of water.
- Once potatoes are light brown in color and add the mango powder, mix it well. Switch off the stove and aloo methi is ready to serve.
- You can replace fresh fenugreek leaves with 1/2 cup dry fenugreek leaves/kasoori methi.
- I did not use mango powder yet it tasted awesome.