Cinnamon flavoured french toast sticks are great way to start the morning. I had tasted french toast sticks in one of my friends place and my daughter liked it very much, so i thought of trying it at home.
Yields : 16 sticks
- 4 slices - Bread ( i used white bread)
- 2 nos - Egg
- 1/2 cup - Milk (room temperature)
- 1/2 tsp - Cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tbsp - Sugar
- 1 tsp - Vanilla essence
- 1 tbsp - Butter (for toasting)
- Maple syrup for serving
- Cut each slice of bread into four sticks as shown in the picture, set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, cinnamon, sugar and vanilla. Dip each piece of bread in the egg mixture, heat butter in a pan, toast dipped bread slices to golden brown on both sides.
- Repeat the dipping process with the remaining pieces of bread. Serve immediately with maple syrup for dipping.
- Once the butter has melted, place several of the coated sticks in a single layer in the pan. (Do not overcrowd the pan.) Cook until golden brown on one side then flip and continue cooking until the sticks are golden brown and slightly crisped on all edges.
- Thick cut bread with sturdy crust is essential for this recipe, as the crusts help the sticks hold their shape.