Walnuts are rich source of energy and contain health benefiting nutrients, minerals, antioxidants and vitamins that are essential for optimum health. Especially they are rich in Omega 3 fatty acids, Vitamin E etc. It is good to add this precious nut in our daily diet.
- 1 1/2 cup – All purpose flour
- 1 cup – Brown sugar / jaggery
- 1 cup – Milk ( room temperature)
- 1/2 cup – Melted butter (at room temperature)
- 1/2 tsp – Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp – Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp – Vanilla essence
- 1/4 cup – Walnuts (chopped)
- 4 tbsp – Walnuts to sprinkle on top (chopped)
- Take a mixing bowl, add in sieved all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, brown sugar and mix well together.
- Then add milk and mix well, followed by vanilla essence and finally melted butter, 1/4 cup walnuts. Mix well until a creamy texture is formed and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 F or 180 C. Meanwhile grease loaf pan with butter and pour the batter to the loaf pan. Top the loaf batter with remaining chopped walnuts and bake it for 35-40mins. It took 40 mins for me to get this loaf bread done.
- You can check it by inserting tooth pick, it should come out clean. Allow the bread to cool in the pan at least 15 minutes before removing them. Eggless walnut loaf bread is ready, slice them and serve.
- I used brown sugar but you can always replace brown sugar with either jaggery or regular white sugar.
- You can use butter paper in your baking pan for better unmolding.
- It takes long time for the loaf bread to cook than normal cake.