Idli chaat is a crispy and crunchy chaat prepared with leftover idli /idly, chaat chutney’s, onion, tomato, carrot, and yogurt. Kids who don't like idli will love this idli chaat for sure. Idli chaat has to be served immediately as soon as it is prepared otherwise, it will become soggy and tasteless. Please click the link here for other chaat recipes on 7aumsuvai.
- 3 no’s – Idli / Idly
- 1 tbsp – Green chutney
- 1 tbsp – Dates tamarind chutney
- 1 tbsp – Yogurt / curd
- 2 tbsp – Onion (chopped finely)
- 2 tbsp – Tomato(chopped finely)
- 2 tbsp – Carrot grated
- 1 tbsp – Coriander leaves chopped
- 1 tbsp – Pomegranate seeds
- 1 tbsp – Nylon sev
- 1 pinch – Sugar
- 1 pinch – Salt
- Oil for frying idli
- Cut idli into cubes as shown in the picture and shallow fry or deep fry them in oil until slightly golden brown in color. Drain excess oil using tissue paper and set it aside.
- Mix a pinch of salt and sugar in yogurt and set it aside.
- Take a serving plate, arrange 7 to 8 pieces of fried idlies and top it with yogurt, followed by green chutney, tamarind dates chutney, chopped onions ad tomato, grated carrot, pomegranate seeds, nylon sev and finally garnish with coriander leaves. Idli chaat is ready to serve.
- You may either deep fry or shallow fry idli for making chaat. Deep fried idli gives crispy and crunchy taste to the chaat.
- Do not over crown idli cubes while frying.
- Green chutney, tamarind chutney, yogurt and salt in this recipe may be adjusted as per your taste.