Chickpea and potato carries lot of nutrition and is good to include in our diet quite often. Chickpea and potato stir fry goes well with white rice and a nice combo for puli kuzhambu.
- 2 nos – Potato
- 1/4 cup – Chickpea
- 1 no – Onion (chopped finely)
- 2 or 3 nos – Green chillies (chopped)
- 1 tsp – Ginger chopped
- 1 pinch – Turmeric powder
- 3 tbsp – Coconut grated
- Salt as needed
- 1 tbsp – Oil
- 1/4 tsp – Mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp – Split black gram
- 1/4 tsp – Cumin seeds
- 1 pinch – Asafoetida
- 4 or 5 nos – Curry leaves
- Soak chickpeas for 5 to 6 hrs or overnight. Pressure cook chickpeas along with potato for upto 3 whistles or until well cooked. Set aside.
- Chop cooked potatoes into big chunks. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, season with items given for seasoning. Add onion , ginger, green chillies and required salt, saute until translucent.
- Now add cooked chickpeas and potato, saute for few seconds. Add a pinch of turmeric powder and cook everything completely.
- Finally add grated coconut and saute for few seconds. Switch off the stove and serve hot with white rice and puli kuzhambu.