Today's recipe is on how to make a tasty kheer in no time. Yes you can make this kheer mix ahead and use it when needed. You can impress your guests with this yummy kheer.
- 1 cup - Split green gram / moong dal / paasi paruppu
- 10 nos - Almonds / badham
- 10 nos - Cashew nuts
- 2 nos - Cardamom / elachi
- Heat a pan, dry roast split green gram / moong dal, almonds, cashew nuts each separately until they are slightly golden brown in color and nice aroma comes. Allow them to cool completely
- Transfer roasted almonds and cashew nuts to a mixer grinder and grind them to a coarse powder. Then add roasted moong dal along with cardamom, grind everything together to a fine powder.
- Moong dal kheer mix is ready, store them in an air tight container and refrigerate for future use.
- Do not over roast split green gram / moong dal, almonds and cashew nuts, otherwise kheer will taste bitter and also burnt smell will come.
- You can keep this kheer mix outside for few days, but i prefer to keep it in refrigerator. It will also stay fresh for months.