Baked sweet potato fries are prepared with sweet potatoes and little spices. If you are craving for a high fat and salty treat like fast food french fries, try this recipe for healthier baked sweet potato fries. Baked sweet potato fries are much lower in fat than a deep fried version and are very quick to prepare. Kids will love this baked fries.
- 3 nos – Sweet potatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 tbsp – Olive oil (add more if needed)
- 1 tsp – Cumin powder (roast and grind it)
- 1/8 tsp – Kashmiri red chilli powder/ cayenne pepper
- 2 pinch – Black pepper powder (as needed)
- Salt as needed
- Take a mixing bowl, toss together all ingredients until sweet potatoes are evenly coated with oil and spices.
- Preheat oven over 350 F or 180 C, place spiced sweet potatoes on a single layer on a baking sheet and bake for about 30 minutes or until done.
- Easy and tasty sweet potato fries are ready. You can eat these fries plain, but you could serve with ketchup or a ranch dip etc. Enjoy your baked sweet potato fries.
- You can also deep fry sweet potatoes instead of baking.
- Do not over cook sweet potatoes as it will become dry and rubbery.