Spongy and fluffy pancake prepared with flour, cocoa powder, egg, milk, and butter. Chocolate pancakes are a perfect breakfast to serve during the weekend. Check other pancake recipes in my blog:
Yields around 7 to 8 pancake
- 1 cup – All purpose flour
- 2 tbsp – Cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp – Sugar
- 1 tsp - Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp - Baking Soda
- 1 no - Egg
- 1-1/4 cup – Milk (room temperature)
- 2 tbsp - Unsalted Butter( melted and cooled)
- 1/8 no – Cinnamon
- Salt to taste
- Take a mixing bowl, add all purpose flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon, mix well thoroughly.
- Add egg, melted butter and milk to the flour mixture and slowly whisk without forming any lumps. Batter should be of pouring consistency.
- At this point, the batter can rest for up to 30 minutes. Heat a pan, add little butter and pour 1/4 cup of batter per pancake onto the pan. Allow them to cook both sides till golden brown.Tasty chocolate pancake is ready and serve hot with maple syrup.
- Always cook pancake in medium flame. If you cook pancake on high flame, then the inner part of the pancake may not cook well.
- You can keep the prepared flour in the refrigerator for next day.
- You can always replace all purpose flour with whole wheat flour .
- Consistency of pancake batter should be like dosa batter not too thick nor too thin.
- Once mixed, you can let the batter sit for 30 minutes or so. The longer it sits, the fluffier the pancakes are.