Sweet version of black eyed peas sundal which you can prepare during navarathri. My friend used to share this sundal during navarathri. This year they moved to India so i tried this recipe and sharing to you all for this navarathri.
Serves 3 to 4 peoples
- 1/2 cup – Black eyed peas / karamani
- 4 tbsp – Jaggery (or add as needed)
- 2 to 3 tbsp – Coconut grated
- 2 pinches – Cardamom powder
- 2 tbsp – Water
- Wash and soak black eyed peas in enough water for about 6 to 7 hours or overnight. Keep it aside.
- Pressure cook soaked black eyed peas in enough water for 3 to 4 whistles or until soft. Do not over cook and mash it. Once done, drain water completely and set it aside.
- Heat a pan, add jaggery and 2 tbsp of water, bring it to boil and prepare thick syrup. Now add cooked black eyed peas to it and mix well to coat jaggery syrup all over black eyed peas.
- Finally add grated coconut and cardamom powder, mix well until it becomes completely dry. Switch off the stove and serve.
- You can dry roast black eyed peas before soaking for extra flavour.
- Do not add more water while making jaggery syrup.